Kenmore has been one of the more trusted names in home appliances for about 100 years with one in three homes in the United States having at least one Kenmore appliance. The first Kenmore appliance was a sewing machine from 1913, and the first Kenmore washing machine debuted in 1927. Since then the Kenmore name has continued to grow and remains the top name in home appliances, especially in their laundry line since LG has been the primary manufacturer of the Kenmore front load washers since 2010.
Kenmore, being sold exclusively through Sears stores across the United States, has never been manufactured by Sears. Sears has other manufacturers make the appliances for the Kenmore name. Currently, 4 of the 5 Kenmore front load washers, are manufactured by LG for the 2014 model year. The 4 Kenmore front load washers that are manufactured by LG are:
• 41072 available in both white and metallic silver.
• 41372 available in white, metallic silver and red.
• 41572 available in white.
• 41472 available in both with and metallic silver.
Each of these Kenmore models have their LG counterpart. They are made using the same major components with the same specifications. Other than the cosmetic differences, the Kenmore and LG washer are virtually the same machines.
LG, which is a Korean company and stands for Lucky Goldstar, has been in the business of making washing machines since the 1960’s. They are one of the largest suppliers of appliances in Europe. It wasn’t until recently that they started gaining popularity in the United States. LG has a great history in home appliances which makes them a great fit as the manufacture for the Kenmore front load washers.
LG has made some interesting innovations in the home laundry industry. Some of these innovations include:
• The largest front load washer for home applications at 5.2 cubic feet.
• True Steam: where the washer will heat the water up to 212 deg F to produce steam to help clean your clothes without damaging them.
• Kenmore Connect which allows a service technician to troubleshoot the washer remotely over the telephone.
• Accela-Wash which can clean your clothes faster by up to 35%.
On top of these innovations, LG has been ranked top with major consumer reporting agencies.
Because the Kenmore front load washers are manufactured by LG, you can rest assured that you are getting a great product for your home. Both names, Kenmore and LG, have great histories in home laundry.
The bottom line is that when choosing between a Kenmore product and an LG product in the front load washer category, choose the one that has a better sale, since both products are virtually the same.