Private 5 acre estate with efficient custom home – For Sale By Owner: $998,000
In the mountains just mauka of the heart of Kona Town you find nestled a small arts community called Holualoa…There’s not much to Holualoa, a blink of the eye your past it driving by the Pink Kona Hotel built in 1926 (www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc5136.php), or our small post office saying Aloha to Joy or Tom the Post Master…or quite simply going to the old movie theater on Saturday night for free. And let’s not forget our excellent Holualoa Elementary School built in 1897…this is “our” little piece of heaven away from the hustle and bustle of the world’s problems.
Hualalai Farms is a gated community with mostly 5 acre parcels of world famous “Kona Coffee”. And it is good! We’re an old community by most standards up here with a fine group of quiet folks that enjoy the peaceful life of gentlemen farmers, waving to one another as we pass on the road.
My journey led me here in 1989, but it’s time to move on to a new adventure, and my little piece of solitude is available for sale. I moved into this house which I built for my family in February of 2009. For all intents and purposes it’s new. I haven’t ripped out the old Ohia trees with their beautiful Lahua Blossoms. I enjoy the privacy, and watching the sun rise over Mauna Loa in the mornings, and the cruise ships passing by below.
I designed this home and property to be efficient with low maintenance, but additional growth or changes are easy to do. If you think you’d be interested in my slice of the world then by all means email me. I’d be more than happy to call you if you forward your telephone number. If you have SKYPE on your computer we can even walk around the house and property.
1. 2128 sq ft total (1264 sq ft living)
2. 3 Car garage, 864 sq ft (1 bay divided by wall/door-currently den/office, but could be converted easily to separate efficiency apartment)
3. 200 amp service for household
4. All walls interior/exterior Corning Insulation
5. Windows “Hurd” Thermal Double Paned Aluminum Clad Douglas Fir with minimum 6 hand lacquered coats
6. Cabinets “DeWils Hardwood (Cherry)
7. Water Heater “Bosch” On Demand Gas
8. Cooktop “Jenn-Aire” Downdraft Gas
9. Refrigerator Samsung 26 cu ft
10. Washer/Dryer “LG” Gas
11. Whirlpool Water Softener
12. Siding Beveled Cedar
13. Sikkens Cetol Finish (4 coats)
14. Roof “Owens Corning” 30 year Arch 80 with “2″ layers of fiberglass fabric underlayment
15. Pad 3000psi Concrete
16. CCR’s Yes (Dues approximately $600 yrly)
17. Land Taxes (Currently approximately $2700 yrly.
18. House completed Feburary of 2009
19. Granite counter tops both kitchen and bathroom
20. Travertine and porcelain tile in bathroom with luxurious 6′ Kohler tub
21. Custom Brazilian wood kitchen floor w/10 coats sealer
22.Open bean ceiling w/2 x 6 T & G Lacquered Select Knotty Pine
23. Custom Living room scones to match windows
Tagged: , Big Island , Kona , Kailua , Holualoa , House , Home , Real Estate , Realty , Hawaii , Island , Big , Kailua-Kona , 5 acres , For Sale , By Owner , geotagged , geo:lon=-155.929223 , geo:lat=19.635891 , resonateartsandmedia.com